This wiki is about 0.16, the current stable version of Factorio.
Information about 0.17, the current experimental version of Factorio, can be found on wiki.factorio.com.
From Official Factorio Wiki
- Fixed WinXP compatibility.
- Fixed updater problem when updating over multiple versions of packages on Linux and mac.
- Fixed reversed positions of red/green cable on small electric pole
- Player lost one item when right clicked on full stack, now it does nothing.
- Fix of crash when mining pipe to ground in some special setups.
- When manually connecting electric poles, limit the distance by the pole with smaller reach.
- Correct error messages invalid settings is set when starting new map.
- Multithreading related crashes.
- Fix of game stopped for ever when creating two message dialogues in one tick, creating more message dialogues in one tick now creates a queue, and player gets to see them all.
- The game doesn't crash when unlock recipe modifier is used in market, although, the GUI interface should be upgraded. (Price is not shown in the tooltip, and is not understandable that you are not buying the item, but the recipe. There is no indication, when you already have the recipe, this will be added as feature later, this is bugfix release.)
- Fixed a minor possibility to get stuck in demo level 1.
- Fixed wild train acceleration.
- Fixed crash when mining rail signal before the train.
- Fixed walking while filling script-generated text field.
- Belt to ground cannot be fast replaced with the belt to ground of the same type but different rotation.
- Fixed freeze when setting game speed to 0
- Fixed stack splitting on Linux (right click on stack)
- Fixed graphics settings check boxes for mining drill arrows.
- Correct rounding and SI prefixes for power and energy.
- Proper centering of custom guis on creation.
- Adjust the size and count of machines info displayed in the electric network GUI to screen size.
- Too fast scrolling when game speed is set to faster than 1.
- Fixed moving on the map while in the vehicle.
- Fixed crash when disconnecting character while crafting.
- Fixed crash when removing items from character's inventory.
- A little more predictable behavior of picking items up in god mode.
- Exact braking mechanism for the train.
- Fixed train go-to functionality.
- Boiler shows its fuel inventory in the entity info.
- Small fixes when displaying module bonuses.
- Beacon displays its effects multiplied by distribution effectivity.
- New furnace recipes are now available only after the corresponding research is done.
- Electric furnace has basic smelting speed same as the steel furnace.
- Fix of tools/ammo not showing the damaged/used progress bar.
- Fixed English fallbacks for item name and description localization
- Fixed flickering of the minimap and the entity info.
- Fixed serialization bug that created corrupted saves when
- the map was saved with flying text on the screen.
- These corrupted saves will be loadable with this version.
- Fix of possible exploit by changing recipe of assembling machine while it is making something.
- Some of the controls that are related to clicking to some slot are now restricted to contain mouse input.
- Stop walking/riding when switched to map.
- Fixed bug when player wasn't visible after leaving the car.
- Fixed crash when "shift clicking" modules into furnace.
- Fixed crash when attempting to set filter in entity inventory window.
- When furnace was mined, player didn't get modules inside.
- Fixed bug in thread allocation when changing number of threads
- Fixed game speed > 1.
- Fixed Linux updater ignoring the binary in some cases.
- Fixed exception throw when setting custom GUI element caption.
- Added childrennames() method to Lua GUI element.
- Changed express splitter recipe.
- World map (opened by the M key). The map is refreshed around the player and radars.
- Small version of the world map acting as persistent minimap.
- Player can request things directly from the logistic robots.
- Added steel and electric furnace.
- Added modules, these can be inserted into assembling machines and furnaces to upgrade their properties.
- Added beacons, can broadcast module bonuses to nearby structures (for now use old lab graphics).
- Improved terrain generator (trees now follow the fractal generation as well).
- More feedback in updater.
- Show list of content (entities/items) removed from the map when it is loaded.
- This can happen when some mods are missing, or some prototypes were removed.
- Light around cursor in god controller.
- Additional information shown when loading game (map version, list of mods, etc.)
- Slot icons hinting on some slot functionality (like tool / armor / etc.)
- Alert when objects are being damaged / turrets are firing.
- Game can be paused anytime (by default SHIFT + SPACE).
- Changelog is shown after update and accessible in About->changelog.
- New lab graphics.
- New chests graphics.
- New terrain graphics.
- New stone furnace graphics.
- New logistic robots graphics.
- New car graphics.
- New fish graphics.
- Fixed bug with incorrect sum in the flying text.
- Fixed bug of switching of order of internal GUI elements (typically in the electric network GUI after dragging)
- Transport belt doesn't pull player out of the edge of it (like items), so player won't be almost trapped on faster transport belts.
- Fixed crafting queue overlaying the quickbar.
- Updater protocol should now behave slightly better with firewalls.
- Fixed bug with rail path planning on cycle rail.
- Game render and update can run in different threads.
- Optimization of the game render.
- Parallelisation of the render preparation (number of threads is configurable).
- Transport belt simulation optimisations
- Assembling machine and furnace use the ingredients when they start creating the product.
- Rotated tool equip GUI. Gives more space to right side block.
- Updates and tweaks in the demo scenario.
- Labs are dedicated to backers (displayed in entity info).
- Simplified burner logic (burner inserter, miner, car, locomotive), it shows the power consumption now.
- Use relevant energy values as fuel value (coal fuel value = 8KJ etc)
- Added text field GUI type with text property.
- Adjust the maximum cover distance of electric pole dynamically depending on the pole with biggest reach.
- New field "stack" (contains name, count) for entities on the ground