This wiki is about 0.16, the current stable version of Factorio.
Information about 0.17, the current experimental version of Factorio, can be found on wiki.factorio.com.
This page lists tutorials that can be found here on the wiki. They range from guides for the very first steps in the game to in-depth modding tutorials.
The first steps and the first base
These tutorials aim to guide the player through the first steps of the game and provide an idea of how a base could look like.
- Quick start guide - Guides through the first steps of the game, from mining the first piece of ore to automating the first science pack.
- Main bus - A type of base organization that is well suited for beginners.
- Keyboard shortcuts - A collection of useful keyboard shortcuts.
These tutorials take an in-depth look at individual topics related to power production.
These tutorials take a closer look at the circuit network and present usage examples.
- Circuit network cookbook - Example-heavy tutorial; for beginners who want to get to know and use the benefits of the circuit network.
- Combinator tutorial - Mainly textual and detailed tutorial.
These tutorials range from teaching the first steps of modding to in-depth explanations of individual mechanics.
- Modding tutorial/Gangsir — A simple modding tutorial that suits beginners well.
- Scripting — A small tutorial that focuses on run-time scripting and provides some info on how to use the story script.
- Mod settings — A small tutorial about how to create and use mod settings.
- Script interfaces — A small tutorial about script interfaces (LuaRemote) and custom keyboard shortcuts.
- Localisation — A small tutorial about how to format and use localisation, which is how mods are translated.
- Modding FAQ
- Prototype documentation
- Factorio API Documentation — Documentation of the runtime api
- Factorio data github repository — Tracks changes of the lua prototype definitions in factorio in between releases.