This wiki is about 0.16, the current stable version of Factorio.
Information about 0.17, the current experimental version of Factorio, can be found on wiki.factorio.com.
Game modes and options
From Official Factorio Wiki
This page is a list of all current game-modes in Factorio.
- The base game. Play alone, building your base and defending it from the enemy native life!
- Play Factorio with friends and build your factory together.
- Play pre-built scenarios made by users or the developers. Included with the base game:
- Freeplay - Normal single player - launch a satellite to win.
- PvP - Blow up your friends.
- Sandbox - Free-form play, various cheats available to skip to the stage you want to build.
- Supply Challenge - Timed challenge to produce and deliver specified items for each level.
- Team Production - Multiplayer challenge scenario where teams compete on randomised tasks including item production or research.
- Wave Defense - Defend your rocket silo for 20 waves and launch a satellite into space.
- Play the set of scenarios that come with the game by default. The closest thing to a story Factorio has.
- First steps - Tutorial on various entry level mechanics like crafting and mining.
- New hope - Carrying on from where First Steps ends, you search for the crashed ship's computer.
- Transport belt madness - Test your belt layout skills by connecting chests on a small island
- Tight spot - Buy land and machines, sell your final product.